The royal wedding was not the only wedding in my mind this weekend, although I think it may have been my inspiration.
Following is the makings of my latest wedding dress.
This one is for a Cockapoo named Hannah.
I'm ready to make the first cut of this beaautiful lace fabric.
It has an irredescent thread running through it as well, which is hard to show in the pictures.
Sewing begins. The lace fabric gets a double lining so the seams do not show.
The peanut gallery (thank God for lint rollers):
I decided to use an organza ruffle that has sequint flowers in the center. I used this along the neck edge and I made a curved design with it on the bodice.
I also used some organza flowers which have beaded centers.
Here's the dress without the train.
Close up of the bodice.
That bottom flowerette gets removed and that is where the train gets attached:
And here is a picture taken outside with the veil on:
The head piece also has some of the sequint organza ruffle along the front:
Of course, she must cover her face while walking towards the altar - so the veil can be worn over the face: